Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Oldest Kid in the Class

Is me.

Probably.

I'm going back to school. My husband finally finished school in 09, we then had our next 2 kids in 2 years, and now it is my turn to finish a degree (or two).

It will be me in classes with a bunch of young whippersnappers who never even knew the joy of this:



from pinterest (where else?!)

Punky Brewster! As a kid, I insisted on mismatching my socks sometimes so I could be like her. Mom occasionally let me mismatch shoes too when we were going somewhere. She's a cool mom.

I digress.

Because of my classes, I'm going to have to actually spend time, you know, studying. So no more weeks with 4 days of blogging. I'm cutting down to Tuesdays and Thursdays.

It will still be FUN.

You can count on an array of funnies, crafts, home decor projects, my misadventures in quilting, and teaching/home school ideas.


Wish me luck, if all goes as planned, this will be in my near future:

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations! That is very exciting. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not sure how old you are, but I can totally relate. Last year, at the tender age of 44, I completed my master's. The VAST majority of my classmates had just completed their bachelor's degree and were literally half my age.

    Good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you!! Good luck with your studies.
    I loved watching Punky Brewster (partly, I think, because my dad always called me Punky when I was a kid).

    LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! You're never too old to learn something new. :)

    ReplyDelete

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)