Friday, October 21, 2011

Quesedillas. Also, I need measuring cups.

Last night I made the best quesedillas! Recipe below. Although it should be noted that I need measuring cups. I had to eyeball everything since I couldn't find any of my cups. They have vanished. Much like socks seem to do.

I did not take photos of the cooking process but really, it is easy. If you can't do this without a photo you shouldn't be allowed to turn on a stove. :)


Corn & Black Bean Quesedillas
2t oil
3 T chopped onion (didn't have fresh so I used the dehydrated flake stuff)
1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 can sweet corn, drained
1 T brown sugar
1/4 C. salsa
1/4 t. red pepper flakes
2 T butter or more
8 flour tortillas
1.5 C shredded cheese (monterey jack, taco blend, or Mexican blend)

Heat oil over medium heat, add onion. Cook till onion turns that nice brown color. Then stir in corn and beans, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and salsa. Cook till heated through.

In separate skillet, melt 2 t butter. place tortilla in and sprinkle with cheese. Spoon some bean mix on top. Place another tortilla on top. Cook on both sides until golden brown.

Serve with sour cream and more salsa on the side.

1 comment:

Happy to have you here at the Zucchini Summer Blog! :)